RGPaMonth - a recap

Over the last year I have participated in the #RPGaMonth thingy where you are supposed to read some rpg book from your shelf or digital library that sat there some time, but you never managed to read or even play it. Unfortunately, I did not find the motivation to transfer each review into a blog post, but I will do so, before Google+ shuts down and my reviews are lost. Most of the stuff I have written about the games is not that important, anyways, but I imagine to could be nice to revisit my thoughts and approaches at some point in the future.

What I read in 2018 for RPGaMonth

My picks have been:
• January: StarSiege*
• February: Justifiers*
• March: Dungeon #21, D&D 4e
• April: Torg Eternity & Cylent Scream
• May: Savage Worlds & Das Schwarze All
• June: Midgard – Der Kodex
• July: Victorious
• August: Pathfinder 2
• September: Gurps 4e, but did write anything about it, since I stopped reading
• October: Numenera 2
• November: Cepheus Light
• December: Dungeon Crawl Classic
(*) only read, but never played

I have not written anything about Mythikal or Dragon Heresy, since the former is just playtest for Cortex prime which still isn't released and Dragon Heresy has been written about extensively in this group.
So, it was 5 pure SF games (StarSiege, Justifiers, Das Schwarze All, Numenera 2, Cepheus Light) , 4 pure Fantasy games (D&D 4e, Midgard - Der Kodex, Pathfinder 2, Dungeon Crawl Classic), Torg Eternity is multi genre and Victorious is superhero.

My thoughts about my list in general

The most interesting part for me in review is which of these games am I still playing: I still run a bi-weekly Torg Eternity and Midgard campaign. Victorious and 4e had about 5 sessions. Pathfinder 2 I ran 7 sessions, but stopped since I am waiting for the final version this year. For the mean time I started playing Starfinder. I ran a spontaneous game of Cepheus Light just yesterday and would always come back to playing Das Schwarze All, DCC, Victorious or Numenera 2 for a few sessions.

What the future brings

This year want to read Mutants & Masterminds and finally after all these years Shadowrun. Moveover, there are these things I already tried as a player but never found the courage to read properly and GM like anything Fate, Star Trek Adventures or Vampire V5

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Sword of Cepheus

Cepheus Light - A Short Review

My Review of Justifiers - Das Abenteuerspiel for #RPGaMonth